Castile soap is a WONDER product. Made popular by Dr. Bronner's, this highly concentrated soap is made naturally from vegetable based oils - making this a great vegan alternative as well!
While it does need to be diluted, it all depends on what you plan to use it for. Keep reading to learn 7 ways to use it in your home now!
1. Veggie wash: Add a 1/4 teaspoon to a sink of water to give your veggies a good rinse.
2. Shaving cream: The natural oils in this soap protect your skin and help to reduce razor burn and nicks. Your skin will thank you.
3. Foot scrub- treat your toes with this recipe:
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp castile soap
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 drops peppermint oil
4. Hand/ Body Wash: Mix 1 part soap with 3 parts water and 10 drops of your favourite essential oil for a great hand or body wash
5. Cleaning Scrub: This soap has a great cleaning power! Follow this recipe for an all-purpose scrub in your home:
3/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup castile soap
1 tbsp water
10-15 drops of tea tree oil
6. Natural Insecticide: Mix 1 tbsp of castile soap with 4 cups of water in a spray bottle to combat pesky bugs in your plants. Give them a light spritz to get rid of unwelcome visitors.
7. Pet Shampoo: This works on your fur babies too! The natural oil is moisturizing for your pet and lathers nicely. The amount to use will vary depending on the size of your pet but create a lather and rinse as normal.
Back to Nook News : Keeping it Sustainable